Thursday, January 29, 2015

what is said vs. what is meant

please check out this amazing suicide prevention ad campaign! when I found these images a couple years ago, they really resonated with me - it highlights the contrast between the messages I was able to send to those around me to my internal dialogue. and from the other side of the coin, the messages epitomize my mom's horror about her friend who'd killed himself - "he would never do that! nobody saw it coming!"
the reason i'm posting this:
depressed people aren't the ones walking around with their shoulders slumped over and frowns displayed prominently on their faces - they're the people who smile at strangers they pass, the first ones to offer a reassuring word to those in need. please keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment